We offer deep tissue, trigger point, relaxation, cupping, hot stone or lava shell, lymphatic, pregnancy, pediatric and senior massage from highly qualified and experienced massage therapists.
Midnapore Health Centre offers deep therapeutic and relaxation massage from highly qualified and experienced massage therapists.
We offer the following convenient hours for massage:
Please call us to make an appointment (403) 254-9177.
About Massage Therapy
Massage Therapists at Midnapore Health Centre have a high level of massage education and are highly competent health care professionals. They have many powerful therapeutic techniques and many years of experience to apply their skills according to patient needs and preference. Our massage therapists work with the team of Chiropractors and Physical Therapist at Midnapore Health Centre to help patients reach their health goals.
Massage therapy is the assessment of the body’s soft tissues and the treatment of injury, pain and physical disorders. RMTs promote health by teaching patients therapeutic exercises, encouraging better postural habits for work, sport, leisure and sleep.
From the weekend athlete with an acute injury, to pregnancy and infant massage, to the arthritic geriatric patient who has chronic disability, people benefit from massage therapy as they return to previous levels of activity and productivity.
Massage Therapy is has many benefits for many populations. Whether it is postural strain from computer work, injuries from a motor vehicle accident or sport, swelling or recovery from surgery, or muscle tension from life’s daily stressors, massage can help you start to feel and function better. Registered Massage Therapists’ extensive training allows them to meet a wide range of health care needs from injury rehabilitation to prevention and maintenance of overall health.
Most extended medical insurance plans cover 80-100% of massage therapy fees so check your benefit plan!
Benefits of Massage Therapy
Benefits of Massage Therapy Include:
- Releases stress and tension from muscles
- promotes relaxation
- Relief of muscle spasm and cramps
- Improved athletic performance and enhanced recovery
- Rehabilitation following muscle injury
- Treatment of immobilized, paralyzed and denervated muscles
- Improved balance, coordination and mobility
- More restful sleep
- Decreased need for pain or sleeping medication
- Increased range of motion
- Increased circulation
- Improved nutrition to tissues and removal of waste products
- Reduced swelling caused by fluid retention
- Improved skin tone and relief of dryness
- Speeds healing from injuries and surgery
- Increased energy
- Helps release tension before it’s a problem
- Boosts immune system
Some Conditions That May Benefit From Massage Therapy
- Back Pain
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Chronic Fatigue and fibromyalgia
- Chronic Pain
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Frozen Shoulder
- Jaw Pain
- Muscle Tension/Spasm
- Neck Pain
- Plantar Fascitis
- Sports/Work Injury
- Chronic illnesses i.e. MS, Parkinson’s